Folic acid (also known as vitamin B9, vitamin Bc or folacin) and folate (the naturally occurring form), as well as pteroyl-L-glutamic acid, pteroyl-L-glutamate, and pteroylmonoglutamic acid are forms of the water-soluble vitamin B9.
Folic acid is itself not biologically active, but its biological importance is due to tetrahydrofolate and other derivatives after its conversion to dihydrofolic acid in the liver.
Vitamin B9 (folic acid and folate inclusive) is essential to numerous bodily functions. The human body needs folate to synthesize DNA, repair DNA, and methylate DNA as well as to act as a cofactor in biological reactions involving folate.
It is especially important in aiding rapid cell division and growth, such as in infancy and pregnancy, as well as in "feeding" some cancers.
While a normal diet also high in natural folates may decrease the risk of cancer, there is diverse evidence that high folate intake from supplementation may actually promote some cancers as well as precancerous tumors and lesions. Children and adults both require folic acid to produce healthy red blood cells and prevent anemia.
Folate and folic acid derive their names from the Latin word folium (which means "leaf"). Leafy vegetables are a principal source, although in Western diets fortified cereals and bread may be a larger dietary source.
Folic Acid Oral Films
We also offer Sustained (SR) / Immediate (IR) / Timed (TR) / Controlled (CR) / Delayed Release (DR) and Enteric Coated (EC).
Vitamin for anemic conditions
Folic Acid 5 mg
Solutions from us:
- Making process suitability for your products.
- Deciding the right kind of technology / equipments for the products.
- Process Validation & Stability.
- Technology transfer of products with complete line of equipments.
- Doessair preparation.
- Validation and regulatory support.
Systematic (IUPAC) Name
* All transactions are carried out in conformity with patent laws applicable in the user country. Active pharmaceutical ingredients or formulations thereof will not be supplied in countries where the same is under patent protection except as and if permitted under law of the country for research and development purposes only.