Dextromethorphan HBr oral films
Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is an antitussive (cough suppressant) drug.
It is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter cold and cough medicines, such as Robitussin, NyQuil, Dimetapp, Vicks, Coricidin, Delsym, and others, including generic labels. Dextromethorphan has also found other uses in medicine, ranging from pain relief to psychological applications. It is sold in syrup, tablet, spray, and lozenge forms. In its pure form, dextromethorphan occurs as a white powder.
DXM is also used recreationally. When exceeding label-specified maximum dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative hallucinogen. Its mechanism of action is via multiple effects, including actions as a nonselective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and a sigma-1 receptor agonist and the action of its major metabolite dextrorphan as an NMDA receptor antagonist, producing effects similar to those of the controlled substances ketamine and phencyclidine (PCP), as well as the active metabolite 3-methoxymorphinan which produces local anesthetic effects in rats with a potency above dextrorphan but below dextromethorphan itself.
Dextromethorphan HBR Films
Cough suppressant, Cold
Dextromethorphan 62.5 mg
Dextromethorphan 7.5 mg
Solutions from us:
- Making process suitability for your products.
- Deciding the right kind of technology / equipments for the products.
- Process Validation & Stability.
- Technology transfer of products with complete line of equipments.
- Doessair preparation.
- Validation and regulatory support.
Systematic (IUPAC) Name
* All transactions are carried out in conformity with patent laws applicable in the user country. Active pharmaceutical ingredients or formulations thereof will not be supplied in countries where the same is under patent protection except as and if permitted under law of the country for research and development purposes only.